In 1871 he had a practice No. 47, Manchester Street. Marylebone, London before moving to No. 14, York Buildings, Adelphi, London, prior to March 1875. Later he went into partnership with Arthur Baker, another pupil of Sir George Gilbert Scott.
During the 1870s several articles regarding his architectural designs appear in the architectural and building press; on occasions relating to design competitions.
Alfred Burder’s known architectural designs include:-
- The Square, Cambridge Road, Ugley, Essex
- Teacher’s Residence, Bedwell Road, Ugley, Essex
- Municipal Building, Sunderland
- Mount Pleasant House, Crouch End
- Mission Room, No. 145, Marlborough Road, Hornsey Rise
- Offices, Nos. 26 & 27, Bush Lane, London
- Nos. 75 and 77, Park Lane (Road), Loughborough
- Cooper Memorial Children’s Convalescent Home, Brand Hill, Woodhouse
- Halton, Buckinghamshire
- Burder and Baker Church Designs