When the partnership of Walter Chapman and Alfred Bumpus purchased the business from Thomas Messenger they took on a 21-year lease of the previous firm’s two Loughborough sites; the main factory behind the High Street and a timber yard in Sparrow Hill. The retained both sites until the move onto a single site, at the far end of Cumberland Road, was completed in 1895; here they remained until the firm closed 1980.