The 1929 show was held between 22nd and 24th May inclusive, with the firm being allocated a 40ft. by 20ft. site adjacent to the entrance to the large tent, thus having the advantage of essentially having two frontages. On one side of them was the Battle Iron Co., displaying their iron frames and on the other side of the entrance way was Messrs. William Duncan Tucker & Sons Ltd. The cost of the site was £40 and whilst for the first time in several years the site had no trees, it projected out onto the gravel path by around 8ft, with about a 6in. drop from the grass onto the gravel. This drop presented them with a little problem when arranging their exhibits, which they overcame by judicious use of packing material.
They sold their main show house, a 25ft. 6in. by 12ft. span-roof with gable to Major Sidney Tabor of Harlington Manor, Bedfordshire for £100 including fixing. Major Tabor also purchased iron stages to both sides for £21 2s.; one set of binds on the door side for £12 and requested a quote for an appropriate heating apparatus. He subsequently ordered a No. 2 Loughborough Boiler with 4” piping, etc.
- Leicestershire Record Office ref: DE2121/70. ↑