The 1937 Show was officially held between 26th and 28th May, inclusive although, as normal, Fellows were admitted from 14:00 on the 25th,. The firm was allocated a 20ft. square space, costing £20, on the east side of Monument Road adjacent to the Monument and backing onto the East Marquee. The front eight feet of the site was actually on Monument Road whilst the rear sixteen feet was on grass. They displayed exactly the same set of exhibits in exactly the same configuration and layout as in 1936.
It appears that Messenger’s approach over the previous few years had become very mechanical and an apparent simplifying, if not dumbing down, approach to the show. There is an appearance of feeling of having to appear at the show rather than wanting to appear. The display stand size also grew smaller over the years and whereas the late 1920s and early 1930s they were attempting to obtain the largest sundry site in the best location, in later years they were asking for a smaller stand site. The show price card obviously displays a corresponding simplification; whereas in 1930 there were 21 products listed on the card, this had decreased to 13 in 1934 and down to only 7 in 1937. These were a 20ft. by 12ft. span-roof greenhouse; 3ft. and 4ft. wood stages to both sides; 3ft. and 4ft. iron stages to both sides; blind to both roofs; heating apparatus (including No 2 Loughborough Boiler).